Tuesday, August 18, 2009

San Diego Vacation Part1

We flew into San Diego Tuesday night. Tobe drove directly to his favorite restaurant Gringos. We asked the kids what they wanted to do the first day of the trip. Beau wanted to go to the beach of course. Our hotel was right on the beach so it was really nice. Beau woke up at 6AM the next morning ready to go to the beach. We learned in San Diego that mornings are not the best time to go to the beach because it is usually overcast. Anyhow, we got ready and ate and were probably at the beach by 9AM. The kids played in the waves until Tobe talked them into going up to the pool. I think we were back to the room around 11:30 getting ready for lunch. My dreams of relaxing at the beach all day while the kids played nicely did not go so well.... So after lunch we decided to drive to downtown San Diego since last year we never went there. It is very nice. Off course Scarlett fell asleep on our way! We saw a trolley driving around and thought we'd check it out. We drove to Old Town San Diego which is really fun. It is where the Mormon Battalion is and has lots of old buildings, museums, shops, etc. Beau loved this mining shop that sold rocks and fossils. He picked out some for his friends and a shark tooth for himself. Scarlett picked out a mermaid barbie from a local stand. We didn't ride the trolley because it cost too much and lasted 2 hrs. (Of course I left my camera in the car when we were here....I need to get used to lugging that thing around. I love it, I just found I didn't take as many pics.)

The rest of the trip Beau kept wanting to go back to Old town.

This was out on the patio of our hotel room.
Tobe's favorite part of the trip was lounging in the room watching TV and getting room service! This is how he feels about going to the beach. ha ha

4 comments:

kimbrockner said...

love the pics of Tobe burying Beau in the sand. Looks like Scarlett's hair was also very curly in the humidity!

Anonymous said...

It looks like your trip was a lot of fun and relaxing! I especially love the pictures of Beau and Scarlet face paintings.

Catherine said...

Scarlett with her big excited smile is reminding me of Piper (sp). I think she looks like a Brockner with that expression. As adorable as ever. Glad you had a good time. We miss you!

amber buhrley said...

Sounds like you guys had a great trip! And at least there was 1 picture of you! Don't you hate that that happens. Its like the mom isn't even at the vacation because no one thinks to take picturs of her! You look great and you hair is getting so long!