Friday, March 6, 2009

My sweet Goose

Today was one of those days when not particularly anything went well. I was feeling really down, tired, and just wanted the kids asleep. Tobe is gone at "fight night" so I am on my own... The kids are acting out from a late night last night. Scarlett was exhausted, but the little stinker would not stay in bed and wanted me to keep laying with her. When I would lay with her she would poke at my face and wiggle. (hence the no naps now) I was at my wits end with no patience left. Beau knew I was having a hard time so he miraculously got ready for bed by himself and got in bed. I was putting Scarlett back in her bed for the 50th time and Beau came in. I told him to get back to bed (okay I yelled...). He said, "mom I just wanted to tell you that I prayed for you to feel better and for Scarlett to stay in bed." Tears came and I was taught again by my sweet 5 year old what to do when things are rough. I am so proud of him. He really has a sweet heart.

3 comments:

The Conrad Family said...

Hey Kirsten! Good to find you! I have been stalking your blog through Allison's! What a cute family you and Tobe have! Your kids are gorgeous and you two look like you haven't changed a bit! Sounds like things are going well for you! I loved this post! I hope my little guys learn to pray for me soon! I really could use all the help I can get...especially when it comes to a little more patience! So cute!

Rebecca Foster said...

Aw, he does have a sweet heart. That's such a nice story. You are a great mom!

Anonymous said...

You are a wonderful mom and I don't know how we'd all get along without you.