Sunday, August 3, 2008

Island Park

The wildflowers at Island Park were so pretty there. Beau was even picking them. He gave some to his great grandpa Beck which was so sweet. He doesn't see him much but has always had a special love for him.
My allergies were very bad here! But the lake and views were gorgeous!
Beau pretty much followed bigger cousin Nathan around the entire time. There were a lot of little boys around the same age. Isaac, Lucas, Riley, Zeke, Nathan, Damon, and more! They had a lot of fun making a "girl trap" on the shore, throwing rocks into the lake, and riding cars down the deck. Over and over and over. The water was cold as you can see Beau trying to get warm. Others boated and jet skied, but it was too cold for me.
As a lot of you know, Scarlett loves her babies! She was so excited to be holding my cousin Dan's little guy Kingston. He was so tiny and sweet and Scarlett called him her baby sister. She has started calling all babies that lately! Good thing she has so many baby cousins to love on.
So the story goes...last week we headed out to Island Park for a Beck Family reunion. We decided to go since we haven't seen anyone for awhile and my brother Jeremy visiting from Thailand was also going. It was at my uncle's cabin at Island Park. It was the longest drive over of my life! The kids fought for a good 4 hours. They slept the last hour I think. Tobe was ready to kill them. We finally made it there and Tobe set up our new tent on the cabin deck. (There wasn't much grass.) All of my dad's brothers and sisters were there but one. 2 sisters and 5 brothers. I hadn't seen my uncle Bryant's kids since our reception 10 years ago! (They live in Texas and were also in France for awhile)
As you can see I didn't take many pictures because Jeremy had his nice camera with flash and $2,000. lens. He took all the group photos, etc. so I will have to get them all from him.
We had a great dinner and then some of the younger cousins sang a song around the camp fire they made up about our family. It was cute!
Scarlett insisted on sleeping with grandma in the cabin. Around midnight she brought her out to the tent and said she wouldn't fall asleep. After she left Scarlett screamed, "I WANT GRANDMA!" as loud as she could for a good half hour. After convincing her to close her eyes and hold still so we could see grandma, she finally fell asleep. Around 3 am she was screaming for grandma again. Tobe took her out of the tent for awhile until she went back to sleep. All the other kids slept in nicely except mine. They were up at 7am. Needless to say it was a rough night. No more camping or road trips for awhile! We were worn out. The next day everyone started leaving and we packed up and headed for home. It was a quick trip, but I'm glad we got to see everyone. (almost everyone!)

8 comments:

Paige said...

That sleeping story reminds me a bit of the one we had a few nightd ago! WHat a nightmare!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! I found it while looking at someone else's blog. I loved the photos. That's always my favorite part about camping and what keeps me returning to the mountains with 5 young kids- Great pics!

Rani said...

Looks like tons of fun! Man Jeremy has a $2,000 lens? Dang, and I was all excited about my new camera! Very cute pics... Scarlett and her babies!

Johnathan and Mackenzie said...

oh I wish I could have come to the cabin too, it looks like it was a lot of fun.... I cant wait for Scarlett to meet Kieran she is going to love him.

Unknown said...

That first one is such a precious pic of Scarlett - adorable! Sounds like it was quite the adventure!

kimbrockner said...

awww...Kirsten how can you deny Scarlett a baby sister? J/K sort of lol

Kirsten Brockner said...

Kim- EASY!

Reese said...

Looks like fun. We are actually going to be out there doing the same stuff next week. I have always tried to avoid Bear World but after seeing your pictures, I think my kids would love it.