The picture on the top is Tobe leaving for his fight. Doesn't he look so cute?! Judging from the "after" you'd think he lost, BUT he WON!!! If you'd like to read more details about his victory go to his blog at http://www.zataogyak.blogspot.com/ or click on my link to crazy husband. He had quite the journey to get here. Tobe is a fabulous writer and I think he should publish his blog into a book.
This is almost the whole fight. The pics aren't that great, but he has the whole thing on video. I found it amusing that they walked through smoke to make their way into the arena. One guy even came out with this huge Harley Motorcycle. They really get into their entrances. I have to admit that I was unable to eat most of the day because I was so nervous for him. When he walked into the ring and the crowd of 3,000 was cheering my stomach had a huge lump in it. (Thanks so much to all our family and friends who came out to support us!!!)
It was very surreal to have my husband in the cage about to go head to head with another kid probably 10 years younger than him with many tattoos all over. Tobe trained hard and did great! After the first round everyone that it was over, then the ref said it wasn't. The relief I had felt quickly went away as they started sparring again. It wasn't too much longer till the ref called it a win. It was a long 2 rounds for me. I was so proud of him for winning and I must admit it was a little sexy having him in there and win!
Funny thing when we were dating and both 19 years old he asked me if I thought it would be cool if he beat someone up for me? I said No way, that would be stupid. No one up north thinks fighting is cool. (except maybe in Nampa) He said down south it is cool if you can fight. Twelve years later he beats someone up...but in a professional environment...kinda. regulated.
Tobe's in the white shorts.
This was when he was holding his Hands up in victory (on the far right)
I included this picture to show how far he has come and how hard he worked to get into such good shape. He trained and or worked out 6 days a week for about 3 months.
The CHAMP!
Every one always asks me why I let him do this. If you know Tobe you know that he is a dreamer and a goal setter. He always knew he would own his own business and he has watched it grow.
Tobe's in the white shorts.
This was when he was holding his Hands up in victory (on the far right)
I included this picture to show how far he has come and how hard he worked to get into such good shape. He trained and or worked out 6 days a week for about 3 months. This picture is of Beau and Tobe. He was probably his heaviest when Beau was a baby. He reached somewhere around 215lbs as his top weight. He weighed in for his fight at 150lbs.
I think when we were married he was around 160lbs. He has been pretty heavy most of our marriage. In high school though he was athletic and wrestled and played football.
I am still getting used to the new Tobe. I told him I feel like I am with my old boyfriend (being him). As much as I don't like him fighting I am very happy that he is healthy and in shape.
The CHAMP!
Every one always asks me why I let him do this. If you know Tobe you know that he is a dreamer and a goal setter. He always knew he would own his own business and he has watched it grow.After watching the movie "The Bucket List" where they wrote down a list of things they wanted to do before they die, Tobe went and wrote a list of things he would like to do. One thing on his list was to be in a MMA Cage fight. How many people can say that they don't just write down their goals and dreams, but they actually DO them. I admire this quality so much in Tobe. He definitely puts himself out there and goes for his dreams. They become his reality.
This wasn't the easiest thing for me to support, but I am so happy for him that he could fulfill this dream. I get some comments about how we are so odd as a couple. Tobe at church on Sunday with his beat up face, and me all proper. I am so glad that he put me as a "goal" when we were freshman in college. He pursued me to no ends. He is always so positive and optimistic about life. I love you so much Tobe and I am so proud to be your wife!


8 comments:
We should all take example of your support! Good Job Kirsten. I am glad our blogs have made us closer....I just wish we could al live closer!
I was kidding about it being cool to beat someone up for you...
Tobe
I am in total awe because my husband and our friends are totally into UFC. So I think this is awesome! Anyways tell him congratulations. Its pretty amazing and inspirational that he set the goal and actually did it. Way to be there for him. That would be hard to watch. Hope all is well.
Kirsten, this was such a great post! I really enjoyed reading it. I think it is great that Tobe is so dedicated and I think you are amazing to be so supportive, I can't say I would feel the same way about Josh getting into a cage to fight with someone. I am so glad Tobe won, makes all that hard work and dedication feel worth it. I was so sad we couldn't be there, when's the next fight? Sign us up!
Awesome, Dan and I are so glad that he won. Tell him congratulations, and we will never pick a fight with him, ever.
So glad I was able to be there to witness Tobe's moment....and his victory! I truly mean it when I say you are supportive. You guys are a great team! Did he check it off the list....or is there a new date to train for!?
Hey Kirsten-long time no see! You look as great as ever and your family is so cute. I love it when I connect with people I haven't seen in a long time. I could use your help in the interior design area.....let me know if you are ever in Cincy:) I look forward to staying in touch!
wow- that was quite the post. very impressive...
that would make me a little too nervous
Post a Comment