Monday, January 11, 2010

The Polar Express

Back about mid December we headed up to Horseshoe bend and took the kids on the "Polar Express" train ride.
They colored, ate snacks, and wrote a letter to Santa while we were riding there. Carolers also came up and down the train singing Christmas songs.
Ronnie also came along. He took the kids all over that train exploring.
Scarlett and Ronnie rode outside for awhile...it was freezing! We found them when the train stopped.
It stopped at the "North Pole" where Santa, cookies, and chocolate milk were waiting. They also had a fire going outside and the carolers singing.
Beau didn't want to show his face for pictures....or he was just cold.
I had Ronnie snap a picture with me and the kids
It was a beautiful ride along the river. We had great views of the frozen, snow covered water.

4 comments:

Rebecca Foster said...

I love how Scarlett always looks so joyful in all her pictures, eyes closed or no. What a new idea, and looks like a fun trip! Also looks cold, though! I'd have ridden inside!

kimbrockner said...

Ronnie had a great time and the pictures are great!

Johnathan and Mackenzie said...

That always looks so fun I wish we could do it one year.

Amy F. said...

What a fun outing!!