Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Still DRY!

Adventures in potty training... Scarlett has been very stubborn about potty training. I am convinced now that kids won't go until they are ready to go. (Parents can definitely play a role though.) I decided that enough was enough with her not using the potty. I was going to stay home all day because I wasn't feeling good, so it was a good day to try again. We stopped at chevron on the way home from taking Beau to school and bought some M&M's. I told her we were going to drink a lot of special pink milk so potty would come out. The first time went well. She got her 2 M&M's and sticker. The next time she threw a big fit and did not want to sit. She just wanted to eat the M&M's. Then the bribes came...I told her no candy and no dance class. She sat and filled the toilet. 3rd time wouldn't go. Then her friend invited her to come play and I told her she couldn't play until she peed. Miraculously she filled the toilet, minutes after not being able to go. I made her sit almost every hour for the rest of the day and she stayed dry all day! I was waiting for the poop to come and it did. Today. Luckily she had a pull up on from her nap. I found her in the bathroom wiping and flushing. I thought she had flushed the pull up down the toilet, but she had just taken it off in the family room. Poop was everywhere though! So I cleaned her up and she was dry the rest of the day. Pooping is always the hardest part to get. Tomorrow she gets to go to her dance class and watch. If she keeps using the potty I will sign her up and she will be a Baby Be Bop! So although I am happy at the thought of not buying diapers, I am a little sad that my baby girl is growing up! Lately she has not been napping though. I lay her down and 5 minutes later she says, "mommy I waked up mommy. come get me." Tobe says she takes after me in the stubborn area. But she is also SO sweet. It is so funny how she gets her feelings hurt when disciplining her. She is so precious.

6 comments:

Piper said...

good job scarlett!!

Paige said...

I can't believe she is almost 3. I think this is when Drew stopped napping too. A sad sad day.

Pam said...

Woohoo on the potty training. Boohoo on the nap. My boys still aren't potty trained although Trey is getting better. And they stopped taking naps forever ago, so sad.

Krissy said...

Way to go!! Potty training...now that is one HUGE accomplishment!

krista said...

I can't believe she is old enough to be potty trained. That is awesome!

I think alot of kids stop napping around 3, I guess I am lucky cause Jax is still napping. And I LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

But she's soooooooooo sweet.

---Dat