Monday, September 8, 2008

First Day of School

Beau started Preschool again last Wednesday. He was very excited to go back to school. I was surprised at how concerned he was about which clothes he wore. He wasn't very happy at me because I was trying to get him to take off his jacket. He had a long sleeve shirt on also, but he had to be "cool" and wear his hooded jacket. Tobe convinced him that it's cool to wear your hoodie on your head. After him wanting to wear the same outfit everyday, I decided to take him shopping to pick out his own "5-year old" clothes to wear to school. He managed to spend $100 at Gymboree in 5 minutes! At least now he will wear more than one outfit! Today he knew it was going to be warm out and he decided to wear shorts. He wanted to wear tennis shoes, but the camo ones didn't look good. (according to him) I convinced him to wear his other new lace ups. For some reason he wants these lovely "air sketchers" or batman shoes his older friend has. I hope he outgrows this phase! He is too young to care this much!
Now that the wardrobe issues are solved, he is doing well. He is starting to spell words and try to read letters. He is very eager to learn to read already! He told his teacher that he is ready for kindergarten now. Sunday he asked if it was his day to go to school. He was not happy he had to wait another day. I'm thinking maybe I should have enrolled him everyday, as opposed to the 3day program. He loves school!
Scarlett was happy to see him go...
She is so good to run errands on her own with me while Beau is at school. She asks me, "Another store mommy?"

5 comments:

Lindsy said...

My daughter went through a stage like that with her clothes. It's like one day they could care less and then they all of a sudden realize that they have an opinion and a very strong one about what they wear. He looks really cute though, so he does have good taste. Must have got it from you!

krista said...

That is funny he cares so much about his clothes. It's great that he is wanting to learn to read, and that he loves school so much!

Reese said...

Kirsten, your kids are so cute. So funny that we are all dealing with wardrobe issues. I love the days that my kids are too tired to care what I have picked out for them. You looked so great in that picture of you and Tobe in your last post. I don't think either of you has changed a bit!

Pam said...

That cracks me up that he is so into his clothes...funny. And Harlee loves to go shopping with me too...it's instinct for girls I think.

The Grantham Family said...

Way cute pictures. LOVE the one of Beau and Scarlett sticking out their tongues. Weird that Scarlett has baby Shrek in her hands. Is she missing that freaky looking thing yet???