11 months ago
Friday, March 14, 2008
The sweetest thing.
I have to write this down so I won't forget how sweet my little Beau was when he is 4. If only he could be like this all the time. (especially when he grows up.) Anyhow, last night I came home and Tobe left to go workout. Beau asked if we could have "Beau/mommy time" when Scarlett went to bed. ( Tobe and I both try to do this.) I said sure. He said he wanted to make hot chocolate with me and talk about Jesus.
I asked him if he wanted to talk about Easter since it is coming up and why we have Easter. He said "I already know." (he says this all the time so I didn't think he really did) He went on to say that Jesus was resurrected and the people went to look for him in the tomb and he was gone. He went on to explain to me about how he has a spirit in his body. whoa! I asked him how he knew all of this and he said, "I learned it in primary". He sure is listening! Then he told me, "Mama- remember how you told me I could pray by myself and whenever I want?" Yes, I said. "I prayed tonight that Scarlett would be ok and that I would be a nice brother to her. I also told Heavenly Father that I love him."
Tobe later expained to me what had happened when I was gone. They had been wrestling around and Beau had accidently kneed Scarlett in the face giving her a bloody nose. Tobe said when he came out of the bathroom from cleaning Scarlett up he saw Beau kneeling down praying. My eyes welled up with tears. How sweet is that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
That is the sweetest thing I have ever heard. Isnt it amzing how in primary the kids can be talking,squirming,picking their nose all at the same time and come home and tell you ehat they learned. Love it!
That sweet cute little stinker!! I could just eat him up! That will melt your heart
I love this story, so glad you shared it. Beau is a sharp little boy, and wow, kids really do soak up what they hear.
What a sweetie. He really is a smart little thing! That is a great story and thanks for sharing. It is moments like these that make being a parent all worth while and so rewarding!!
You to post what he said today...after church we were walking to the car and he started running.
Then he says, "I put my fast legs on so I can beat you to the car."
He is hilarious...
Tobe
That is a really cute, special story. Beau is a very smart boy.
Post a Comment