
Monday night this sweet thing was taken to the Emergency room. She had been coughing earlier in the day with a slight running nose. Then suddenly she began struggling for air, so much that she could hardly talk. She was working really hard to breathe. I called her doctor and he said to take her straight to the ER. They gave her 2 breathing treatments and
x-rayed her chest to check for
pneumonia. She was also given
steroids to open up her airway. Having asthma myself, I know how scary it can be to n
ot get air. I assumed that she would be diagnosed with asthma, but the doctor said she hasn't had enough history to have that diagnosis yet. My poor kids have inherited all my crap (
eczema, breathing problems). I talked to the respiratory therapist and she said all signs are pointing to asthma. After watching her closely for about 3 hours she was released with "reactive airway disease, viral syndrome, and upper respiratory infection". The doctor also said that young kids commonly get these infections, so I am hoping she can avoid asthma and the daily treatments that would involve. Although the therapist said even with reactive airway disease she needs to avoid triggers such as pets, allergies, etc.

I love this picture of Scarlett. This is her favorite shirt she wants to wear everyday recently. She says because it has stripes and pockets. I was hoping she wouldn't have an opinion just yet!
I was noticing all my recent posts she has this on, but I actually took all the pics the same day.
4 comments:
Poor Baby, hopefully she will grow out of it. Only good thing about being allergic to pets is it is an easy way out of having to own one. (Justin is allergic too)
Poor little Scarlett. She looks like an angel in that picture. John had croup once. We had a hospital stay with that too. It is SO scary when your child can't breathe!! I hope she is doing well now! Thanks for the birthday wishes. :)
I am glad she is feeling better, poor thing. That has to be so stressful for you, too. I hope she recovers fully and doesn't have any more episodes.
Just today I was talking with our Peace Corps doctor about non-steroid eczema creams. And I had childhood asthma, but grew out of it. Why do these things happen?? They are so miserable. Hope you guys all have a good weekend!
Oh that is scary... I really pray Calvin doesn't get my asthma either. I hope she is feeling better...poor thing!
Post a Comment