Friday, November 7, 2008

Hawaii

I am finally posting the few pictures I did get from our vacation. Day 1: while driving to our Hotel we stopped to eat in Lahaina. It has a cute little boardwalk with lots of shops along the ocean. Tobe had his share of fun...
This is an amazing tree planted in 1870. It spans the entire 4 blocks. This is the center of it and it kept going and going. At first we thought it was more than one tree.
We found our Hotel. We stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Kanapali. It was really nice.
We rushed to the hotel spa to get a couples massage when we arrived. The spa overlooked the ocean. Tobe made sure he got a woman masseuse so I got Mr. Miagi as Tobe called him. The massage was the best I've ever had. Then we sat in the relaxation room overlooking the ocean. Then Tobe had the best taco ever and we paid $3.50 each for diet coke refills we didn't know we were being charged for!
This is where we ate breakfast every morning. It was called Swanz court. You probably can't see them, but there were Swans swimming around and a waterfall on the other side of the rocks. In the middle of the Hotel there were penguins, flamingos, koi fish, parrots, a crane, etc. It was weird how they just stayed out in the open.
Day 2: Hung out at our pool. I went to the beach and layed out. Ate dinner at the hotel restaurant overlooking the ocean. It was really fancy. I had a seafood mix and coconut creme brulee.
Tobe really excited about getting his picture takenDay 3: Maui Aquarium. It had a lot of beautiful fish, sharks, turtles, etc. Then we went back to Lahaina to do a little shopping and have lunch.
I went back to beach. Tobe to hotel room to read Warren Buffet's new book.
I used to call Tobe my turtle... so he indulged me!
Day 4: By the pool...
At the Beach...
This day was our Anniversary so we went to a very nice french restaurant called Gerard's. Tobe had venison and I had fresh snapper. Tobe had some really good shrimp bisque.... Creme brulee and chocolate cake for dessert.
Day 5: Up early to go Snorkeling at Molekai. We saw so many beautiful, colorful fish. It was almost 30 ft. of clear water. I even saw an eel peering out from some rocks. Later we went to another area and saw sea turtles.
Whale watching point.
Later that night we went to a Luau at our hotel. Tobe said it was the best food he had on our trip. Day6: Up very early to go to Hana. It was the most beautiful place I have ever been. I had to buy postcards of the places we went because of the camera situation. (Tobe took some on his phone) We saw a 184 ft. waterfall, black sand beach, 7 sacred pools, painted eucalyptus trees, rainforests, and a desert all in one day. One day I will add those pics...maybe.

3 comments:

Reese said...

Ooooooooh, I am so jealous. I love Hawaii and seeing your post made me want to hop on a plane right this second and go back. We have been twice and I think I could go back every few years and still love it. Enjoy your tan before it vanishes into the Idaho winter.

Amy F. said...

Kirsten, in the picture where you're wearing white, you look so beautiful. You've always been way cooler than me. I could never wear those sunglasses. You look graceful.

Rani said...

Man I'm aching to get back there! Especially now that its cold here. Great pics!