
Beau has wanted a pet for a very long time. I have been putting this off and coming up with excuses for awhile. This summer I told him that if he read the illustrated Book of Mormon he could earn his pet. (mom approved, hair free of course) I thought this would take him awhile. Nope...It took Beau 2 days. He even retained the information. So we went to the pet store and came home with 2 hermit crabs. They have been easy to take care of. Then Beau told me how it made him feel really good when he was reading the B of M and wanted me to buy him the other illustrated books. He finished the Old and New Testament on his own, and is working on the
Doctrine and Covenants. I was
surprised at how eagerly he read each story and would ask me questions. He also did it without me asking him to. I am so proud of him.
This past Saturday I took Beau on a Mommy date. He spends a lot of time with Tobe and we don't get a lot of one-on-one. He is an angel when Scarlett is not around. He chose to go
ice skating. We skated for a long time and he loved it. He is really good at it, catching on fast. I was cold and finally got him to leave. We went to the chocolate factory and then the mall. He picked out his Halloween costume and we ate dinner. He then wanted to get our pictures taken in the
photo booth before going home. I really enjoyed spending time with just the two of us.
5 comments:
He was really excited about going to ice skate and have fun with you. It was all he could talk about when he was at our house waiting for you to come get him.
Love it. You are such a great mom!
You are such a sweet mom! What an amazing kid! Can't wait to be back in boise in a week and hopefully a little of that sweetness will rub off onto Eliza...
That is so cute. When our kids read all four of those, we get them their own set of real scriptures with their names engraved on them. How wonderful that he is so self-motivated!
What a fun mommy son date!
Post a Comment