I am going to stop blogging kid pictures and start blogging my design jobs in the near future! Cause lets face it everyone is on facebook now and not really following personal blogs anymore.
This room transformation has been a long time in the making....It all started with Beau wanting a bigger bed like Scarlett (full sz.) He started sleeping in the guest bedroom saying his bed was uncomfortable. Then I decided why have this huge room for guests that we rarely have. So I sold his nice ethan allen furniture and decided to move him into the big room. I wanted to save some money so I also decided to keep the metal bed and mattress that was already in there. I ordered a beautiful reclaimed wood dresser and night stand. It ended up on back order for months. Beau actually had wanted his room painted black for years so I decided to go for it. Then I also wanted that industrial look, with a little modern flair. I had the walls painted Benjamin Moores black bean soup. The bedding is West Elm, with pillows from target and ikea. I searched for months for the right desk, until this one finally came up on craigs list. It is antique oak and I had a new piece of wood put on the top and the metal sides painted. The metal chair I have had forever. The cornice board was custom. I picked the fabric and had the nail head applied. I love how it turned out and so does Beau!
"BEFORE"
"AFTER"
Great space for displaying his trophies
Comfy chair for reading
I had to incorporate his favorite sport with this fun vinyl decal
Love this desk with its metal drawers
Window detail
Beau!
I added the cork board for his increasing number of wrestling medals to be displayed neatly.
Black bookcase on small wall for his large collection of books!
He loves spending time in his room now and there is a place for everything.


5 comments:
It looks great!! The wall color is nice!
Kirsten, It looks great! Love the desk!
Wow girl your patience paid off cause it all looks great esp the desk!
looks great!!
You are so talented!!
Post a Comment