Friday, April 8, 2011

Family Party

The Birthday week has begun!
After celebrating with friends, we had the family over on Scarlett's real birthday
She wanted chicken nuggets and green salad for her birthday dinner!
Mimi
This is weird posting these pics since my Grandpa has since passed away. He died February 22nd at his home. I was able to say goodbye to him the day before he died. He had pancreatic cancer and went too quickly. I miss him so much. He was always a big part of my life and also my kids. He came to every birthday, sports event, holiday, etc. Scarlett and I would go visit them at least weekly. Grandpa had a tender place in his heart for Miss Scarlett. He would light up when he saw her. I am happy to have lived close by. He called her his "Raven" because she was born with black hair and because he called me "bird" and she was my daughter. The last time I saw him he said , "I love you Bird." He called Beau, "Beau-regard". It won't be the same with him gone. I am glad to have been a close part of his life and have many good memories. (Notice him holding hands with my Grandma.) They would have celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary this summer, and they were still holding hands...
Timmy B and Flavia
Scarlett's Rapunzel dress for her American Girl doll
Natan joining in the fun!
Beau read her birthday cards for her
Make a wish
Natan loves him some cake!
Scarlett got a new big girl scooter, so we gave her little one to Natan...
He likes it! lol

5 comments:

kimbrockner said...

Yes Kirsten he was a very special man and such a fine gentleman , father, husband, friend and grandpa! Your grandparents were model examples of how married couples should live their lives together! I feel so privileged to have known him! I will truly miss his sweetness and that kind smile! You were very lucky to have such a sweet grandpa!

Molly Dukeman said...

I just read your post and cried my eyes out. I loved my Uncle so much. It was neat to read about him through your eyes as his granddaughter. It's so weird to have a member of that generation gone in this life. I talked with my grandma about how exciting it must have been for him to be reunited with his mom (and dad) after all of these years. Family is what life's all about...loved this post.

Unknown said...

LOVE all your party-riffic decor! She is one sweet little 5 year old!!

Unknown said...

SHOOT - Paramount is really "Lindsay G!"

Rebecca Foster said...

Oh goodness, somehow I missed seeing these when you posted them. Her parties are adorable, nice job!

What a nice tribute to Grandpa. I've been thinking about him a lot this weekend. Easter was always a fun holiday with them. I really miss those holiday weekends. It will never be the same again.